Morning by Morning

"The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward." Isaiah 50:4-5

Friday, December 18, 2015

After the Shepherds Left















“It was a long journey and cold,” said the Donkey,
        stamping his feet.
“The man led the way, I walked, and she rode,
        all on a winter’s day.”

The Ox looked down on the man and the maid and the little babe
        all asleep on the hay,
        and said in awe and wonder,
“They’re very tiny when they are newborn.”

“Yes,” said the Donkey, “but consider this,
“It takes years of love and nurture
        to bring each of them to full maturity.”

“I know,” said the sentimental Ox,
looking down at the babe in the manger
        and shaking his head all on a Christmas day.

“Don’t be deceived by what you see,” said the Donkey,
“This one will conquer death and hell,
        and overthrow all the kingdoms of the earth
        and the sky.”


No comments:

Post a Comment