Morning by Morning

"The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward." Isaiah 50:4-5

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Is This the Sound of Singing That I Hear?














An Alfred Montrose Sonnet from the Mother and Alfred Stories on http://motherandalfred.blogspot.com/  When we pray for those whom we love it is sometimes so very difficult to wait patiently for the work of the Spirit of Grace, to speak only when we should, and equally important to wait patiently while He is at work.  Sometimes we are called only to say a simple word and to wait for a long time for that seed to bear fruit. The great temptation is to attempt to do for Him that which He alone can do.  

Is This the Sound of Singing that I Hear?

Is this the sound of singing that I hear?
A sweet melody lights upon my ear;
Melodious notes floating in the air,
Oh sweet joy now joyous beyond compare.
How I tremble lest I should dissemble
And by too ready hope disassemble
Pulling petals from the rose ere it may bloom
In my eagerness to try its sweet perfume.
How patiently we must meekly stand and wait
While grace alone determines another’s fate.
To surrender even now my own true hope
And not intrude beyond my proper scope.
For my eager heart might too rashly act,
And kill the blossom by a lack of tact.








No comments:

Post a Comment