Morning by Morning

"The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious; I turned not backward." Isaiah 50:4-5

Monday, December 5, 2011

Tarry Now My Lord Awhile With Me











Tarry now my Lord awhile with me, in
The midnight hours when all is dark within
And silent spins Your wide world all around,
The ticking, chiming, clock its only sound.
There is no hiding place, dark is light to you.
No midnight fears are truly fears when you
Stretch forth your loving Spirit and enter in
Quietly cleansing, covering, healing, every sin.
From the fear of the enemy you preserve, my
Soul; in the dark You enfold and comfort me
Bringing peace, bringing calm, that I may know
That you are within, around, above, below,
Defending me as the apple of your eye.
Your freely given grace possessing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment